Friday, May 18, 2007

A Special Goodnight

Tonight Molly and her best buddy Francesca had a special treat. Back in March at the school auction, our families won a "Bedtime Tuck In" with their PreK teacher (it was meant for 1 child but we split the price and the teacher was happy to do them together) Our girls simply adore this woman and we knew it would be a lot of fun.

So we all went over to their house and our families had a fun dinner together. (Francesca's big sister is very conveniently Brenna's best friend so our families are very intertwined!) Then Mrs. M arrived with cookies and milk and some special books (with wonderful inscriptions) for the girls. They played and giggled a while together before having their snack. Then it was up to bed where all three of them snuggled up for stories, prayers and lots of hugs and kisses. The funny part was when she asked the girls to say a bedtime prayer, Francesca launched into "Bless us O Lord, for these thy gifts . . ." I'm not sure Grace Before Meals is a proper bedtime prayer but I think they are just so used to saying it with her (they do it before snack and lunch every day) that it just popped out of them. Needless to say, that got a lot of laughs!!

How can you not love this picture? It's nice to know that in a world so scared of personal liability and such that we have such a wonderful school community with faculty willing to really get to know their families and have personal relationships. It was a special activity for the girls and one they'll look back on with nice memories for a long time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly, What a very special treat that was for you and Francesca,I bet you had an awesome time. Your teacher is a doll and I'm so glad I got to meet her when I was there in April.Tell her Nana said hello. Love you lots Molly Dolly. XXXXXOOOO