Friday, May 18, 2007

Dance Recital songs

The theme of the show is "Movin' to the Movies" and every class is dancing to a song from a movie. Brenna will be in a tap number and a jazz number as well as the Finale. Molly will do only a ballet number. Given that the show is only an hour long (oh how I love this place better than the 3.5 hour show of the other studio we first tried!), that means we'll be filming most of it!

This is Brenna's song for the Finale. Dream Girls.wma All I know is that it involves tiaras and much posing! The funny thing is that the two classes performing with the oldest girls (teenagers) are Brenna's group (7-8 yo) and the other 6-7 year old class. Brenna's class has a very patriotic costume (she won't let me show anyone yet!) which should be okay but the other group is dancing to something from Pirates of the Carribean and their costumes are very "pirate wench" looking. That ought to be interesting for this number!

Her tap song is from the Molly American Girl movie. It's called "Victory Sisters" and it's quite long. The teacher's daughter dances in this class so their routines are always a step above in some ways. Sadly many of them can't keep up and it kind of ruins things. Brenna's been practicing though so I hope she remembers all her steps! Victory Sisters.wma

Her jazz song is sort of a swing version of "Yankee Doodle" and we don't have the music for that yet. I'm hoping she gets a copy soon because I know she needs to work on that a bit more. Same costume (another perk of this studio - no huge costume fees!)

Molly is dancing to a song from Charlotte's Web (and old version though, not the newer movie) called "There Must Be Something." 01 Track 1.wma It's really precious. It's about being friends which is especially nice since 8 of the girls in the dance class are also in Molly's PreK class at school.

It should be a cute show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you gals will do an awesome job.You have been practicing so hard. I can't wait to see your costumes but more important I can't wait to see you both.Auntie Bonita is coming with me and I made our reservations last night.So get ready Nana is coming and I can't wait to squeeze my girls.....Love you lots