No two days are ever the same in our world. Check in often to see what we're up to! And please leave us a message - we love reading the comments!!
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Eww! This is not what I wanted to see in my backyard yesterday! Needless to say we had a little chat with the girls about what they should do if they encounter an extra "friend" in the yard while they are out playing!
All's well here and we're enjoying the warm weather over the holiday weekend. We were up at the pool today and ran into lots of folks we don't often see - other than at the pool! I think we're going to have a nice summer.
Molly had her "Step Up Day" at school yesterday. That's when all of the PreK (and the 9 students who will be coming to join them next year) visit the Kindergarten classroom and spend a few hours with the teacher there. Molly said it was lots of fun, "even if all we did was work, work, work. And do you know there's no tv there?!" Clearly she has some misconceptions about what type of activity will be expected of her next year! Her lead teacher will be a fabulous woman who was the secondary teacher (there are 2 in every class) when Brenna was there. I'm excited to be back in that class again (sounds like I'm the one in school, huh?) Brenna will have her Step Up Day during her last week of school (she had Field Day yesterday). Word on the street is that there is a tremendous jump in expectations at Gr. 3 but she's not worried. Her teachers will be a team of two young women who work well together and seem to have a great rapport with both the kids and the parents. So as sad as we are to see this year coming to close, it's nice to end the year knowing what good things await for next year!
But I still don't like the snake . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That ugly creature better be long gone before I get there next week. I thought you said it was small....I would hate to see big.Molly,dolly is a hoot..no TV, HaHa. See you next week for the big show,can't wait to see them in their costumes. Love too all.
Any idea what kind it is? All I know is it's not a copperhead, and it doesn't LOOK like a cottonmouth. Not a king snake, and not a coral snake also.
Ewww.... we just have raccoons and skunks. Don't send that snakey fellow down here!
You Big Wimps! That looks like a plain old worm to me.
Ewww, ewwww, ewww. That suckers big!!! So what did you do about it?
We had a snake like that in our backyard once a long time ago. Ours turned out to be a rat snake which is not native to CA. So likely was once a pet that either got away or was released.
Keri
I think Keri's got it - from what I can guess this is a black rat snake. We've seen similar snakes once or twice years ago but nothing recently. Luckily they only eat chipmunks and small animals - not little girls! But still . . .
Post a Comment