A big part of this story is that you have to visualize Molly saying it. A friend's mother has met my girls several times and always comments that Molly's very expressive. She noted that"Molly talks with her eyes" and since then I've noticed that it's really true. Her stories are funny but it's the expressions on her face that make them hysterical sometimes.
Anyway, Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Krissy babysat for a bit last night while Dean and I went to a party. This morning Molly says to me, "I know what Auntie Krissy is giving me for my 16 birthday." Like a fool I asked and she replied "A picture phone." Now I know she's fascinated by Krissy's camera phone so I figured they played with it last night and now it's fresh in Miss Molly's brain. When I asked how she knew what her gift would be (12 years from now) she looked at me with this expression of utter dismay that I could possibly be so dense and said "Ummm . . . because I asked." The "Duh" part that she undoubtedly was thinking about saying luckily was not verbalized (I'm hoping she's at least 10 before I, as a parent, repulse her THAT much that she has to say Duh!)
It just struck me as so funny that she assumes that if she asks for something she will get it. Because she usually does. Because she's spoiled. And she knows it. And we know it. But she's not getting a camera phone anytime soon - not even from Krissy!
No comments:
Post a Comment