Monday, July 03, 2006

Pearls of Wisdom - from a 6 year old!

We spent some time this morning with a friend who has a 3 year old daughter Genni and a 7 week old son Charlie. As we were driving home Molly, the biggest baby-lover around, says "I wish I was Genni." Brenna asked why and Molly explained, "Because she has a baby brother and I wish I did too." Brenna sighed and said, "Oh no you don't. Trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Some of my friends have little brothers and they tell me things. You think Charlie is cute now but just wait. He'll be trouble later on. I tell you, in a few years you'll be glad you stayed a part of our family and not theirs!!"

Once again I nearly put car off the road laughing! Last week was Molly -

We were listening to a song about the parts of the face. Molly randomly stated that chins don't do anything. When I asked what she meant she told me how noses smell and ears hear but that chins are boring. Looking in the rear-view mirror I saw her tugging at and checking out her chin. Finally she said, "Well, chins do stick out a bit. I guess that's to keep all the other pieces from just slipping off your face. So I guess they do something good after all!"

Two more for the quote book!!

No comments: