Friday, June 27, 2008

It Is Done.

"Choose Jesus" was the theme song
"Talk Talk" was the kids' favorite because of the "chatter" between verses. I liked the lyrics: "The Bible says that love is not words. Love is an act doing good for the world. It's time to live like love is verb. God gives us love so it and be turned and turned and turned and returned."

VBS is done for another year. It was fun and worthwhile on so many levels, but above all it was tiring! Molly actually came home today and took a long nap as the week obviously caught up with her. The kids ended with a performance of the songs they learned and I was able to get some video clips. Not of Brenna though as her group was all the way to the left and I had to sit near my class (on the top step in this clip - Molly's the short one in the middle)

The kids all came back to the classroom to pick up their bags and one of my little pumpkins was crying her heart out that we were done. I had to promise, promise and pinky swear promise that I would come back next year and teach up a level so we could be together again. How could you say no to this sweetie? All of my kids (rising first graders) were wonderful and spending the whole week teaching them (our volunteer commitment is only one day but I always wind up there all week!) really gave me a chance to get to know their personalities better. Plus they are so good for my self esteem so make me feel so loved in such a short time!

Here's another cutie - the toothless girls!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yes, it's done, but the songs will stay with you for a long, long time. LOL!