This feis was held in Virginia and there were hundreds of kids from all over the Mid-Atlantic region there. I had heard it was not only fairly local for us but also well-run - an important factor for those of us not having the foggiest how to do these things!
She was registered for only one dance - a reel - and was really nervous. Last night she kept saying she didn't want to dance after all and what would happen if the judge didn't like her steps. The kids dance two at a time but each kid is doing different combinations as each dance school has their own particular choreography. That's got to be confusing! I just reassured her that her first few competitions were like practices where she shouldn't even worry about placing against so many other girls who have already competed in several feisanna. (See? I'm getting the hang of this lingo!)
Well go figure! She placed 4th in her division in that dance! (1st-3rd get trophies and 4th and 5th get medals)
Needless to say she was thrilled with her award ("It's the highest medal, Mom!" she said. I like her way of thinking - she hadn't even considered the trophies.)
1 comment:
Way to go Brenna. I love the outfit.Can't wait to see your new dance steps.CAMP NANA in a few weeks WOOHOO. Love ya to pieces
Post a Comment