On Sunday night the girls, Dean's mom and I went to the Washington Ballet's performances of the Nutcracker. This is a unique adaptation that sets the show in a Georgetown mansion and later along the banks of the Potomac River under the cherry blossoms. We've seen various versions of the Nutcracker by dance companies ranging from community theatre to semi-professional to professional and I think this may have been my favorite. It was especially nice since Brenna's friend Isabel danced one of the children's roles. We actually know 4 young dancers with roles so we were hoping to see at least one of them at this show. It was a late night (as you can see from Brenna's heavy eyes in this picture!) but well worth it.
And if you want to see the true spirit of Christmas at work, read this article.
Even a professional dance company knows what matters to the little people.
1 comment:
That sounds great. I would love to see that version of the Nutcracker. Riley, my mom and I are going to lunch and a matinee this Sunday. Riley has been anxiously counting the days. I already showed her the pics of Cameron on Shelly's blog and now when she gets home I will have to show her that Brenna and Molly went also.
Post a Comment