Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fortunes

I took the girls out to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner tonight. It was a fun "girls night" and when the fortune cookies came, we were all having fun.

Molly opened hers first and it read "You will be showered with good luck." Mine was next - "You will receive good news by mail." Then Brenna read hers - "The more you give, the more you have." I wondered if she'd understand what it meant but she immediately started explaining if she gave to others or helped them with something, the happier she would be and that meant she would have more love in her heart.

I was sitting back, basking in that brilliant child's insightfulness when Molly piped up, "And mine means that every time I take a shower, I'll get more good luck! Woohoo!!"

God help me - she's blonde inside I guess :)

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

LOL - at least you know she'll be clean!! And does she get this little "look" and drama on her face when she says thing like this? With Brenna (Sue) lately it's not so much what she's saying as it is the look on her face and actions of her hands/body when she's saying it.