Well, we're home safe and sound. It was so nice to walk in the door with just 3 suitcases rather than a carload of stuff (okay, the downside is I didn't get to do my Christmas Tree Shop marathon, but then again I really didn't have the time!) Also because Dean was home, there was food in the fridge and everything was ready to go. I'm sure we'll still drive to Boston most times but if good 'ol JetBlue cooperates, we may snag a few cheap flights now and then too.Anyway, a quick glance at today's photo will show you what's missing today. Brenna's tooth has been hanging by a thread for weeks and it finally popped out. Here she is calling Papa because she knew he would like to be the first to know.
So I sang her "The Tooth Song" that she learned last year in school . . .
(tune: Turkey in the Straw)
Oh, look in Brenna's mouth and what do you see?
A great big hole where a tooth used to be!
Well she wiggled it and jiggled it
Until it wiggled free.
And now there's a window when she smiles at me!"
So now we're just hoping that the Tooth Fairy knows we're back home and pays Miss Bren a visit tonight. Oh to be 6 again!
No comments:
Post a Comment