Monday, July 20, 2009

Texas

I had the pleasure of joining 3 friends for a fabulous long weekend in Texas last week. I zipped right from camp on Friday (well, after a shower!) and flew into Houston. I was the last to arrive so Jenn and Jan were already waiting at Shelly's. We spent a brief night there (but at least got to hang out with Cameron and Brenna Sue for a little while) and then headed off to Shelly's family's ranch for Sat. and Sat. night. After naming all of the cows, Shelly decided we all must be hallucinating in the Texas heat and loaded us up on Sunday to drive to San Antonio. She was the perfect tour guide and we deftly covered the San Jose Mission, the Alamo and walked back to our hotel on the Riverwalk to take a quick swim and have dinner. Monday found us on the road again although I can honestly say that conversation flowed so easily that it seemed like we hardly spent any time travelling! We dropped Jan at the airport in San Antonio and the remaining trio headed to Austin. We had enough time to do a quick drive-by of the Texas Capitol building, a yummy lunch and a stroll through the LBJ Museum which I really enjoyed.


Molly had tucked a little toy duck (with a perfume bottle cap on it's head. Don't ask - with Molly you never know what possesses her to do some things!) in my suitcase and it turned out that SCUBADuck became our little mascot for the weekend. Jenn was having so much fun blogging about all of the adventures he - I mean we - were having that I sent him home with her to continue his vacation. Molly is now enjoyong all of the pictures SCUBADuck is sending us from North Carolina.
It was a great getaway for all of us and it was especially nice to just be able to hang out and chat with some great ladies who I'm so glad have come to be my friends!!!

No comments: