Monday, July 20, 2009

End of Camp


Our two weeks of Camp Tuckerman came to an end on Friday. I think this will go down in their history as being the session that enjoyed the best weather - bright days (though cool and shady in the woods) with low humidity. Although I did have to chuckle that the skies opened in a 5 minute downpour on the very last day literally just as the girls were walking out the gate to carpool!

Both girls very much enjoyed camp. I even enjoyed camp! We had two days where all of teh units put on skits and sang original songs and I swear I haven't laughed so hard in ages. These kids (especially the high schoolers) are so clever and fun - it gives me hope that we can raise decent teenage girls!

Brenna's unit had an overnight there earlier in the week which I hear was great fun. I had gotten in from Texas at 1am so there was no way I was sleeping in a tent that night with 50 girls! Plus I thought it was a great thing that Brenna could have her own experience without me. Because I co-lead her troop, she's never had a chance to go camping that I haven't been there as well.
Brenna (in the pink shirt) cranking ice cream. A fun camp activity!

My unit's campsite. Thank God it didn't rain becasue we literally only had that tarp. No buildings at all in the campground.

Brenna sporting high fashion (crazy knee socks are all the style at camp) getting the fire started at the overnight. (One of the leaders took some pics for us)

Happy campers! (Notice my S nametag? My camp name is "Snap." My other unit leaders were Songbird, Shutterbug and Saturn. Luckily none of our girls lisped!) :)

Brenna and her school friend who joined her at camp this year. This girl's mom is the leader for Brenna's troop.

This is how I remember seeing Molly each afternoon - dirty, disheveled, braids undone, weaving gimp keychains and dragging a teddy bear that was supposed to be part of their skit but actually wound up falling in the creek.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to Brenna sporting the Red Sox cap!

Anonymous said...

Good to "see" Brenna sporting the Red Sox cap.