Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reunion




The planets all aligned and I was able to head to Boston this weekend for my 20th high school reunion.
20! It truly does not seem nearly that long! I have wonderful memories from Fontbonne and was excited to be going.

Dean was staying home with the girls since he would know hardly anyone from my all-girls' school but I decided I needed a date nonetheless. Conveniently my good friend Patrick (who attended our "brother" school and frankly knew almost as many of the Fontbonne girls as I did!) was in Boston for the weekend as well and was happy to tag along. I don't see nearly enough of him now that he's in NY so it was great to be together just like old times.

Naturally I can't go anywhere without my sidekick Joanne (who I've known since PreK) either! I shared my date with her. :) We caught up with some former teachers, our former principal and over half of our graduating class. Not a bad turnout!

But I will say it was surreal to spend the evening with 80 people - 75 of whom I never expected to cross paths with again! I was amazed at how well I remembered names and faces but it helped that so few had really aged or changed dramatically. I hope they say the same about me! Overall it was great to reconnect with old friends and catch up more with those I do keep in touch with. Here's hoping for an even better 25th!

No comments: