Friday, May 22, 2009

Archery

I've been having lots of fun with Brenna's scout troop this year. They are a great group of girls and as they get older we're able to do more cool things with them. My co-leader took an archery certification course a few months ago so we finally got a good day to take the troop out to the range. (it's an hour away so we took advantage of today's half-day at school)

They had a blast!!

Some were naturals and caught on right away. Some took a bit longer but all eventually got the hang of it and were consistantly hitting targets. Brenna took a few rounds to get comfortable but she had it down-pat after that.


The bows were quite heavy for the kids but they managed well. They were also very tight and hard to pull. I'm sure there will be some sore shoulders tomorrow!


Because we went mid-afternoon, I had a little tagalong. Molly likes coming with the bigger gils and I'm careful to make sure she doesn't get underfoot My co-leader has a 2nd grader and a Kindergartener so there's usually company for her.


Well Miss Molly tried her hand at the archery range and frankly, she was one of the naturals! No hesitation and she no problems handling the heavy bow. This kid never ceases to crack me up!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

......Good Jesus!





...concerned citizens in Hanover, MA