Sunday, April 05, 2009

Camping

It was finally Molly's turn to get to go camping with the Girl Scouts and boy was she excited!



We took her troop of 1st and 2nd grade Brownies to a camp about an hour away in Virginia for one night. They had a ball! We spent the day hiking on Saturday and then were able to get a small lodge that night in since it really was a bit to windy to have first time campers staying in the glen shelters. It was bad enough that they had me up 4 times through the night to take them out to the latrine! There was a tiny bit of homeseickness from one of the little ones (first time away which I know I couldn't have done at age 6 so I give her credit!) but I was able to distract her and she managed just fine. And these girls weren't nearly as loud as the Junior girls (Brenna's troop) when we took tham back in January.



Overall, I'm thrilled with how things went and I'll be excited to take them again.

Although hopefully there will be fewer latrine runs in the wee hours of the night next time!





No comments: