Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dance Recital Preview #2






Okay - I'm loving Brenna's costume! Her class will be tap dancing to a medley of "Mama I'm a Big Girl Now" and "Welcome to the 60's" from Hairspray for their jazz number. It was visitor day at her class and as much as we enjoyed watching them, it was even better when the teacher gave out their costumes and let them try the dance wearing them. So cute! Aside from Brenna's go-go boots being a bit to tall (an easy trim) it worked out well and the girls looked adorable.
They will be doing a jazz dance to "Omigod You Guys" from Legally Blonde. They've decided to switch costumes for that and use one from last year (yipee! no additional cost!) and add some accessories. The Finale will be Phantom of the Opera and both she and Molly will be in that number this year.
This is a great little class. There are 11 girls from 8 different schools. All are 9-10 years old and most have been together for 3-4 years. I think Brenna likes having this group of friends because they are not the kids she's with day in and out at school. It's nice to mix it up a bit.

2 comments:

Keri said...

OMG, I LOVE HER COSTUME!!!! I can only imagine how cute those dances will be.

Nana said...

Brenna,
I love the costume.Can't wait for the recital so I can see you Dance in that outfit.You are getting so tall girl,What is mom feeding you. See you and Molly in 2 weeks.I told the Easter Bunny you would be at my house,so he will leave your baskets here. Love you Lots.
Nana and Papa