After having a snow day on Monday and a delayed opening due to ice the following day, the weather took a turn. Temperatures started climbing and we were in the 70's Friday and Saturday and then 78 today! So while the snow pants and gloves we're still being washed and dried, we were instead pulling out short sleeved shirts and capri pants. Welcome to the mid-Atlantic where spring comes and goes a few times before settling in for good.
Things are busy as we gear up for some busy days. Brenna has a few Irish dance commitments coming up - par for the course around St. Patrick's day I guess. She's busy with school work and listening to her mother gripe at her. :) Molly's ready to start baseball practices and patiently waiting to see what team she'll be on this year. She started a science class afterschool on Wednesdays that she really likes. I have to say I signed her up purely for my own sanity. I'm chairing their school's Gala and Auction this year and am quickly realizing the amount of work I have to do in a very short time. Since Brenna has choir on Weds. that means they're both occupied for an hour and I'm officially off the clock at work. I can squeeze in some Auction time in hopes of heading off some of the late nights that usually come with this turf. And I'm going on record as saying I'm officially retiring after this year. I love the work - getting to use some long dried up skills and talents - but it's definitely too much now that I'm working every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment