Brenna enjoys being an altar server at our church but she can still be very timid. She has always served with at least two others and she generally defers to the more experienced kids and lets them do the more complex parts of the Mass.I decided to sign her up to serve at a special Mass which will be very involved that is happening this weekend. There are 17 servers so she'll be in good company! Our Archbishop will be here along with a Cardinal, 4 other Bishops and a host of other priests, deacons and other guests. She's actually excited to try something "big" and I'm hoping it will be a good confidence booster.
One of our parish priests coordinates the servers and he's known for planning everything down to the last detail and making sure the kids really know what they're doing. Well today he sent the servers an email that included 6 attached files with instructions and diagrams. I called Brenna in to go through them with her so she's be comfortable with all of the special instructions. Things were going along just fine until she saw the final diagram. I must admit I laughed too. I've seen subway maps with fewer colored lines! But it actually makes perfect sense and Brenna's got them all memorized.
Say a prayer that all goes well on Sunday! (By the way, Brenna is pink Mitre #3) :)
1 comment:
I think I'm even a little intimidated by that chart. Good for Brenna for taking on such a responsibility. I'm sure she'll do great.
Post a Comment