In the past 48 hours I've really dropped the ball on several "bloggable" events.
On Friday my Junior Girl Scouts (Brenna's group) presented a fabulous project. Every Feb. scouts worldwide celebrate a multicultural event but I just didn't have it in me to plan something. So I told the 4th graders they had to do the whole thing. All I said was each girl needed to prepare a "station" for 30 younger scouts who would travel through their "fair" and that their station should teach 3 facts about a country and have some type of activity for the little girls to do. We had no other meetings and I sent out a reminder email once. At 2:50pm Friday I still had no idea what the girls were doing, if anything. None of them had been in touch with me (although I knew from Brenna that they had been talking amongst themselves) and I really just left it all in their hands. Frankly I was just hoping we could pull off something reasonably interesting. Well all 12 of my darlings had prepared amazing posterboard displays, 6 had brought food samples, all had activities. It was AWESOME! The little girls did a Greek dance, learned Japanese words, had Norwegian food, did Aboriginal tribal art on a cardboard boomerang, dressed in Indian saris, learned a hoop game from Egypt, colored on American frontier bandanas and a bunch of other things. At each station they had their passports stamped and took home worksheets. All completely pulled off by the 4th graders. I was so impressed with their initiative and creativity. But I forgot to bring my camera. Bummer.
Saturday I was taking Brenna to a special scout event at the International Spy Museum. Neither of us had been to this museum before so we were looking forward to it. She's really big into spy stuff these days so she was especially excited. I remembered my camera this time. But no photography is allowed in the museum. Bummer.
We raced home from that and Bren quickly changed into her Irish dance costume for a performance. She can be so timid at times that when she does express an interest in performing, I like to make it happen for her. So after a quick change and hairdo, we raced out the door. And I forgot my bag with the camera. Bummer.
Then today her Children's Choir sang at Mass with the Adult Choir. The Children's Choir sings to a piano and from the floor just to the side of the altar. Today they sang from the choir loft with the organ and they were amazing! It was such a neat opportunity for them to be a bit more professional (our adult choir is very classical and formal) And finally I remembered my camera! But the batteries died when I was trying to make room on the memory card. Bummer.
I think I need to make more room on the memory card in my brain! :) Oh well, all in all it was a good busy weekend even if I don't have any pictures to show for it!
1 comment:
No pictures needed....I think you made a million memories in just one week!!!
Brenna....Ethan said you were so lucky to go to a spy museum. He loves spy stuff as well and wants his birthday to have a spy theme. (Maybe you could give me some ideas)
Hugs to all of you xoxoxox
Post a Comment