Saturday, February 28, 2009

Alms! Alms for the Poor!

Molly came down to my office after school on Monday. When she walked across the room I noticed the back of her tights had a hole near the heel. A big hole. Several actually. And they were in such an odd location on her leg that I couldn't imagine what had happened - especially since the tights were brand new that morning.


Then I remembered she had gone on a field trip that morning. I was praying that she hadn't looked that bad at the theater!



I asked what happened and sighed relief when she said these holes "just sort of happened" but that it was after lunch. Phew!


But then she added that the holes in the front started earlier. I was sitting at my desk and from my angle I couldn't see her from the waist down. Good thing because when I finally did, this was what I saw . . .



Holy cow!!!! The teachers are probably secretly taking up a collection to help me adequately clothe my children!


Especially since the following day we had a hectic morning getting out of the house. It wasn't until the end of the day when I saw the girls standing side by side. It was painfully obvious that they had somehow swapped jumpers. Brenna was sporting a hemline that probably had the nuns shaking their heads in shame while Miss Molly looked like she was wearing a plaid Hefty bag that dropped past her knees!


So there you have my total ragamuffins. Donations being accepted.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

So what did she do to get her tights in that condition? Charlotte is a terror on tights too.

Lori said...

That is hillarious. I can just hear the gasps from the nuns when she walked by in those tights. I think you should take them back.

Keri said...

Haha, your post helped me with my crossword puzzle. The clue was four letter word..."charity for the poor" and it was driving me nuts because I knew it, but could not get the word. Then I read your post and the lightbulb went on. THX