Sunday, February 08, 2009

Spring?

It was almost 70 degrees in DC today so we headed outside!

Dean had to go downtown for a bit so the girls and I found a great parking space right at the Capitol (see D and Brenna walking back to our van?) and decided to hit a museum while we waited for him. Of all the choices, I was surprised they wanted to do the National Gallery of Art. We breezed through and they seemed to really enjoy it. Molly claimed her favorite was some random dog sculpture we saw and Brenna opted for one of the Degas "Little Ballerina" sculptures.

We stopped at the gift shop and looked at a big display of posters. I was surprised that Brenna recognized so many of the artists by sight - clearly the Meet the Masters program at school has been a huge success! We didn't stay long, but it was a reminder that we really need to carve out more time to enjoy the city during our free weekends.

No comments: