Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In the past 24 hours I have heard the following from Molly:



M: "Tomorrow we are going to learn about compound words."

Me: What words? (She didn't exactly articulate it clearly and it sounded like "compow")

M: You know - compou(nd) - just like compou (kung pao) chicken!"


And then:
M: "Grandpa said he worked for 6 presidents. George Bush, Bill Clinton, Reagan, ummmm. I don't remember the rest. He didn't name Abraham Lincoln though . . . "
(My poor father-in-law! We had no idea his Secret Service career was so lengthy that he protected Lincoln!)


And finally:

M: "I sang for my music teacher today."

Me: "What did you sing?"

M: "Beyonce. You know - the song that goes "All the single ladies! All the single ladies! If you like it than you should've put a ring on it! oh oh oh oh oh oh!"

Great.
Molly's music teacher no doubt loved it.
Especially since she's a nun.
I'll have to face her tomorrow so I'd better have a good story to explain this!

No comments: