Friday, January 02, 2009

Hockey

Dean and I both really like hockey. We were regulars in "Rally Row" of the student section during our BC days (they had really good teams those years) Sadly it's not nearly as popular here in the mid-Atlantic as it is in the northern part of the country. Still, Washington has a great team (really great this year!) so when we were offered tickets to last night's Capital's game, we scooped them up. The girls were very excited to finally see a "real" game. I hadn't realized that we haven't exactly prepared them for the reality of live hockey. As we were leaving Molly asked if we were going to stop at the grocery store. When I asked why she commented that she wanted to buy some roses. Huh? "To throw on the ice at the end of the game. I saw on tv that people do that!" Oh Lordy.

We had to have a long talk about hockey vs. figure skating to convince her that the Caps would not be very interested in picking up her roses.

It sort of reminded me of the day they watched the Superbowl.

Poor Dean. Living with girly girls has it's drawbacks. On the upside, they both really enjoyed the game. And what a game it was! Lots of good skating, 11 goals, a few fights (one really bad injury though) and a penalty shot. Basically a bit of everything you can see in a hockey game. They're both very excited to see another game now.

Let's go Caps!

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

For our second date, Bryan took me to my very first hockey game. Seats practically on the ice - maybe 5 rows from the boards - opening game between Dallas Freeze and Fort Worth Fire (I think...) minor league play.

I was hooked. (On hockey and Bryan). Even though Houston has the Aeros, we still haven't taken the girls to see them. Maybe this year we'll do that.

Tell Dean that Bryan sympathizes about the girly girl topic. ;)