A few times a year the Fathers' Club at our school hosts a "Friday Night Lights" on our school field. They pull out the big grills (though none of the kids eat anything but the chips and soda/juice!) and we moms bring the folding chairs. It's a bbq for 300+ people! They've tried organizing games for the kids but frankly, the kids only want to run around anyway. So now they rope off a huge section of the parking lot for scooters and trikes for the littlest ones while the rest just run like crazy on the field (which is artifical turf and completely fenced so it's perfect!) One dad brings big floodlights and a generator and it's just a casual fun night for everyone.
Since we have no school tomorrow they moved it to a Thursday Night Lights. It was a perfect mild evening and everyone had a ball. I forgot my camera but I probably wouldn't have gotten any photos that weren't blurry anyway. No one stopped running for even a minute! So needless to say, I have two very tired but very happy little girls tucked in bed for a quiet night.
1 comment:
It sounds a lot like our back to school picnic. Very casual and tons of fun. I love that they roped off part of the parking lot for the kids to bring bikes and scooters. That was a great idea.
Post a Comment