"In God's plan every life is long enough and every death is timely. And though you and I might wish for a longer life, God knows better. And - this is very important - though you and I may wish a longer life for our loved ones, they don't. Ironically, the first to accept God's decision of death is the one who dies. While we are shaking heads in disbelief, they are lifting hands to worship. While we are mourning at a grave, they are marveling at heaven. While we are questioning God, they are praising God." From Max Lucado....Traveling Light.
I am trying to find some truth in this.
I do truly believe that Auntie Dottie is in a perfect place. I do truly believe that it is this eternal happiness completely transcends what we know on earth. I know I can't begin to understand the larger plan that He has in store.
But my heart feels something different.
Because no matter what heaven is, and no matter why you called her Home,
I'm sorry God . . . You took her way too soon.
As Brenna said "we weren't done with her here yet."
Uncle Al is right - "It is what it is - but it stinks."
2 comments:
Linda what a beautiful and fitting tribute to Auntie Dottie. I love the picture of her at the beach. So her. Give the girls a kiss for me Debbie
This is really beautiful Lin..Of course I cried all the way through it.That trip to Old Orchard Beach was awesome eh!Thank God for the beautiful memories. I really miss her....God is the lucky one He got one of the BEST. Thank you for this tribute to Auntie Dottie.
Love Ya Lots
Post a Comment