Brenna is a very sweet and kind girl. She's a good friend and I hear all the time about what a nice kid she is.
She's also a con artist.
For two weeks now she's been on a quest to get us to commit to sending her to sleepaway camp with her friend next summer. She's been pestering and pestering and I finally said she could go if she saved up the money (knowing that's that's a complete impossibility because I could never save up that amount of money much less have her save it!) So now her focus is completely on what she can do to get cash quickly and with the least amount of effort. (Because although she's sweet, kind and nice - she can also be a bit . . . sluggish shall we say, when it comes to doing the hard work. wink wink!)
Yesterday I heard her talking to her sister.
B: "Molly, would you like to have two weeks home all by yourself?"
M: "I don't know. . ."
B: "Think about it. Two weeks that I wouldn't be bugging you all the time!"
M: "I don't know. . ."
B: "If I went to camp you'd be like an only child."
M: "I don't know . . ."
B: "Well, think about it. If it's something you'd like, we could arrange it. If you just save some money and give it to me, I could make it happen."
It was an honest-to-goodness shakedown! "I could make it happen" . . . Where did that come from? It's like my darling little blonde is a hitman or something!
The worst part? Molly went and gave Brenna her whole piggy bank!
4 comments:
Oh, that is hilarious!
OMG, that had me laughing out loud. The face of an angel, but look out. LOL!
I literally laughed out loud at this one!!!
She and Rehm would get along very well. That sounds exactly like him! Too funny!
Post a Comment