Friday, August 15, 2008

The tour bus rolls on . . .

As we continue our grand New England summer tour, we've had a few more stops recently.

We went to visit Uncle Don and Auntie Kristin (although the girls tend to give them big hugs and then immediately run off to play with their dogs (here's Riley) or their Wii - both of which are longed for things in our house.


We' ve been to Castle Island several times - sometimes to play by the water but mostly just to take walks, ride our bikes or scooters or just get ice cream!

Nana celebrated her birthday this week and the girls bought her a Webkinz - despite the fact that it probably means she won't be logging on to their accounts and earning points anymore!
One of Nana's friends gave her concert tix for her birthday and I had the pleasure of accompanying her to see Kenny Rogers. The guy is 112 if he's a day but his voice is still strong and believe it or not, I knew most of the songs! I loved hanging out with Mom and we had a ton of laughs, but I probably won't be going home bragging to my friends that I went to this show. :)


Today we visited out cousins Nolan, Aidan and Kathryn and had a great time playing with them. (I love that the kids get along so well!) Of course I was ready to scoop Miss Kathryn right up and take her home. She's like a baby doll!

Tomorrow we are off to visit Auntie Dottie who is hopefully feeling better. Then the girls will have a much-anticipated sleepover with cousins Jack and Brody at "Auntie" (okay, she's my cousin but we've addressed that issue previously!) Lisa and Angelo's house. We figure that since Lisa and Angelo have been married for 3 months now they must be fully prepared to handle 4 kids! This was their idea and they insist they're ready and willing so I guess the best I can do is just pray for them! :) Of course Lisa's sisters Debbie and Diane plan to join in the fun for part of the evening's festivities (and knowing them will wind up staying as well.)
I swear these kids could do something new every day and still not fit everything in. We still have more cousins to see and more places to visit!

No comments: