Sunday, August 03, 2008

Rewind: Downtown

Here are a few more pictures from our day downtown last week. We'll be heading back to Boston Common for a Redcoat encampment (the first since 1776!) on Aug 15 but here are some shots we took while playing tourists.

At the State House (where Daddy worked for a while)

George Washington statue


Playing in the sprayer at the Frog Pond on the Common


Molly on the Swan Boats - she loved watching the ducks


The plantings in the Public Garden looked better than I've ever seen them.

My camera died at the Old Granary Burying Ground -how appropriate! I was surprised at their interest but the girls really enjoyed visiting there and finding the graves of Paul Revere, Sam Adams, John Hancock and Crispus Attucks among others. Brenna especially enjoyed it since she's a Paul Revere buff.

Our weather has been beautiful and we're enjoying being out and about. We're off to New Hampshire tomorrow to visit StoryLand and a few other places. Stay tuned for more adventures!

2 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Thanks for the photos of downtown! I love them. WHO is that great big girl with Brenna Rose?? Can that be Molly! How did she get so big. Isn't she just a wee thing like my Brenna? OH NO! They're growing up!

Keri said...

Ha Shelly, I had the same thought about Molly. That tall girl can't be Molly.