I think the thing I will always enjoy most about having kids is listening to their often hilarious renditions of songs, poems, etc when they get the words wrong. I still can't say the Pledge of Allegiance without giggling at Brenna's Kindergarten version which included her pledging her support "to the republic of Richard Stands." I'm not sure who Richard Stands is, but I'm sure he's a wonderful leader!
Today we had another doozy to add to the list, courtesy of Molly. She's getting ready for First Penance and her class has been reciting the Act of Contrition each day. She dutifully started to say it for me (while wearing a former Haloween costume angel halo which made it all the more hilarious!) This is what we heard: "O my God, I am HARDLY [heartily] sorry for having offended You . . . I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near VOCATION [occasion]of sin."
God help me because if ever there was a child with an unrepentant vocation for sin it's this one!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment