Monday, December 15, 2008

White House Singers

I could go on for hours but suffice to say our day was fabulous. Here are just a few pictures (of the gazillion I took.) The kids were just thrilled with the opportunity to sing at the White House and performed beautifully for nearly 2 full hours!

The theme this year is red, white and blue. The decorations are gorgeous and we were given a beautiful visitor booklet and some star shaped cookies for the bus ride home.

What an amazing thing to be a child in the nation's capital have such opportunities!



In the upper hallway

One of our parish priests, a representative from the Catholic Schools Office, our choir director, principal and pianist. Our math teacher made red bows for all the girls to wear.



Brenna really wanted to wear curls. I wish they hadn't worn their sweatshirts though.




With Anita McBride who is Laura Bush's Chief of Staff



















Blue Room tree


I've seen this view of the fountain many times from outside the fence. It was nice to be inside again! Since Dean's dad left the Secret Service several years ago, we haven't had much access to the White House other than a Christmas party or two when Dean was on the Hill.

2 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

I love the WH during Xmas season, though I've never seen it in person. Were they singing in the ceremonial "front door" entrance hallway? (Front door behind them, receptionist on far left not in photo?) I remember sitting in that hallway waiting for the President of some South American country. LOL

We're watching the HGTV special on WH xmas decorations right now.

Brenna and Molly said...

It's just gorgeous on tv and even better in person. I really enjoyed all the Americana flair this year. Our kids were further in - just off the long glass hallway on the South Portico side. The entrance hall would have been too big for little voices to carry well so it worked well. There was an acapella group just off the East Room that we listened to and they later came by our group and took pictures with our kids. Too cute!