
Sometimes as a parent one is asked to endure things that normally would not be asked of you. I have determined that one of those things is being asked to attend a band concert.
A band concert for first year instrumentalists.
A band concert for instrumentalists who have only owned the aforementioned instruments for 9 weeks.
Oh. my. word.
A band concert for first year instrumentalists.
A band concert for instrumentalists who have only owned the aforementioned instruments for 9 weeks.
Oh. my. word.
I taped a little clip on my camera and was just playing it for Brenna. Okay, I have to share it . . .
Brenna watched it and this was the conversation:
B:"That was cool!"
Me: "It sure was. You guys really did well for beginners!"
B: "Did you tape us doing 'Jingle Bells'?"
Me: "Uhhh . . .well . . . honey . . . that WAS "Jingle Bells."
B: "Oh. Are you sure?"
Yeah.
Endurance: 1. The act, quality, or power of withstanding hardship or stress. 2. The state or fact of persevering.
We will persevere!
2 comments:
BTDT. The things we do as parents. Your conversation with Brenna made me LOL!
Actually it was MUCH better than I expected after reading the blog. I suppose at this stage the important lesson was could they stay on tempo and follow direction. (? I didn't join band.)
What instrument did Brenna play?
Post a Comment