Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halloween


Backtracking a bit because I realized I never posted the girls in their Halloween costumes.

Brenna wanted to be Robin Hood and that turned out to be pretty easy to make (God bless her!) . The hat took the longest because I made it much too big the first time!

Molly was another story entirely. She was adament that she wanted to be a bagpiper. And not just any piper - one who had a bagpipe "that will play real music while I'm walking around." Nothing was going to change her mind. Uhhh okay . . . how on earth will we do that? Having visions of the leopard costume all over again, I forged ahead with whipping up something for my highland lass. And I must say, the results were quite good and the bagpipe contained an iPod with a speaker so it really did play music!

Brenna went trick -or-treating with a friend's family this year so Dean was left to take Molly while I gave out candy (so I didn't have to listen to that bagpipe all night!)

End result: He declared this the worst costume ever.

What?!?! She rocked (literally!)

From his perspective though, it was awful because they were gone for 90 mins and "only did, like, 7 houses! Every single stop took forever because everyone in the house had to come out and see her and then make her play it again. How on earth are we (notice the "we"!) going to get lots of candy this way?!"
All's well that ends well though. Halloween was a rainy night so we got very few kids at our door and I wound up with lots of leftovers for my disgruntled hubby!
And let's go out with a bang - enjoy the show!

No comments: