Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Such talent!

One of Molly's teachers has been out for 2 days on a trip. Today she told me she was happy that Miss Gallagher was coming back tomorrow but she hoped her singing trip was fun. Now being in the school office makes me privy to a lot of information - one piece being the details of Miss Gallagher's trip - which does not involve singing at all. She's actually with her friends at a tv talk show taping. Hmmm . . . time to figure out what's going on in Molly's 5 year old brain . . .

Me: Why do you say Miss Gallagher is on a singing trip?
Molly: Because she told us that's what she was doing.
Me: What exactly did she tell you?
Molly: That she was going to sing opera. You know - sing -ing op-er-a! (she croons in her best opera-singing voice)
Me: (okay I didn't say anything because I was too busy laughing out loud!)

You see Miss Gallagher isn't away singing opera. She's away SEEING OPRAH!!!

Since Molly has no idea who Oprah is and obviously has never even heard her name, she heard the sentence "I'm going to see Oprah" as "I'm going to sing opera."

I just love this girl!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

That's hilarious!!!!